Thursday, April 1, 2010

1 of 30 (National Poetry Month)


1 of 30. You give the title/subject and I'll write the poem. This is for Nicholas who told me to write on: Hunger.



Ain't nothing lighthearted about K dot P dot
so please see me not
with them LOL's and LMAO's
we out for them pesos
won't be spending mine on no yeyo
or no Jose Cuervo
probably cop some rice, that new Badu
and some lit writ by Plato
do my part for my compadres
hustle hard on holidays

evan savage on the sabbath
grinding hard for his cabbage
it's just a bottom boy's habbit
went from serving fiends and addicts
to recording in the attic
made dope music like it was magic
this summer we drop three rabbits
pulled it out the hat
but i'm not coming off the dome
wrote this on the first
while sitting on the bed at home
Nick commented on the status
said write a poem about hunger
that ain't hard to do
my people still under
i could focus on Harlem
i could focus on Haiti
I could focus on Kendra, 16
giving birth to a baby
back seat of Desable
no knowledge of care prenatal
can't afford formula
can't afford a cradle
gave birth to a son
they say his future gone be fatal
but who cares what they say
she's motivated by Jay
singing somehow, someway
we gone make it up out the hood one day
whether we gotta pull a Precious
steal buckets of chicken up out this muthafucka
whether selling fish dinners
plate by plate from the kitchen out this muthafucka
whether rhyme for rhyme
post it online out this muthafucka
we gone make it up out this life
to where one day hunger won't be an issue
and Antwan won't be singing about Toilet Tissue
or Susie Screw or Sasha Thumper
yet, for now i'm worried about this lady on the corner
who keeps coming up to my Honda
begging for change
it's gone be a long summer for her
and the man over on Frankford who begs for change
and the guy i stepped over two nights ago when i was running downtown
told em i couln't help financially
but i knew i could write
and help bring his story to light
or maybe like when i was living in D.C.
the capital of wealth
watching a homeless vet who defended ours
but would never see wealth for himself
everyday stuggle
hungry in the city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poetry Month....dropin lines bangin minds...


REALASM



Try to imagine if you would...I'd be like you if I could.

I'd walk a million miles in your shoes...maybe then I'd know

...what you...

who you...go to.

Evening breezes to soothe your mood or is it me?

Hot summer days to inflame your sensibilities...or is it me?



I look and I hear, I see. Is it me?

I nod and I hear...I try.





Yet the reason...eludes my eyes....but I try.

I admire at times...but pity is the rule,



For my wildest dreams

crave solitude...



You…And my heart beats solemn...

kerplunck bump...kerplunck bump...kerplunk bump



Conscientious says

I don't want.





The human sides says...praises to he...that you are you and I...am me.

Envy carefully concealed.

The world already knows what real ...is real.

One with the bullets





Fear of exposure yet grateful your problems have passed me over

...Didn't they?

The chill in my veins is easily explained.

I know you feel it too.

Even if I could I don't think I would...

No. I can't be you,

But I am...
c mfleming 2010